Solar start-up Rawlemon’s Andre Broessel, a German architect, has created a spherical sun-tracking solar energy generator to revolutionise renewable energy and solar power on Earth. The Rawlemon design uses a spherical lens to concentrate both sunlight and moonlight up to 10,000 times on a small photovoltaic panel and combines this with a dual-axis pivot that tracks the movement of the sun. By concentrating the sun’s light in one area, the Rawlemon design reduces the solar cell surface required to just 1% of that required by a traditional panel making its solar harvesting capabilities 35% more efficient than conventional dual-axis photovoltaic designs. Additionally, poor weather would not impact the device, because of a built-in weather tracking system.
Rawlemon has brought a range of devices to market. The 10-cm (3.9-in) Beta.ey S phone charger is compatible with any phone that uses a USB 2.0 charging port and has a battery storage capacity of 27.5 Whr. The other devices include Beta.ey S Special Edition ($489) and a Beta.ey XL ($999) designed for charging tablets.
The 100-cm (39.4-in) Beta.ray 1.0 generate up to 1.1 kWh a day enough to run a laptop for about two days. It has a 1.8 kWh battery. The 180-cm (70.1-in) Beta.ray 1.8 generate up to 3.4 kWh a day enough to run a laptop for almost a week. It has a 5.4 kWh battery. Both the Beta.ray 1.0 and 1.8 feature water-filled acrylic-polymer lenses and generate thermal energy as well as solar. And there’s a $6,000 package too which includes the full-sized Beta.ray built for the outdoors.
He tried to raise $120,000 on his Indiegogo campaign for further testing, and for patent applications and raised $230,971 by March 10, 2014.
The sports car that runs on SALTWATER:
Vehicle goes from 0 to 60mph in 2.8 seconds – and has just been approved for EU roads
Quant e-Sportlimousine’s top speed is 217mph – equal to a McLaren P1
The car uses a saltwater flow cell system to power four electric motors
Water passes through membrane in tanks creating an electric charge
Two 200-litre water tanks can provide a range of 373 miles (600km)
The four-seater is 5.25 metres (0.4ft) long and 2.2 metres wide (7.2ft)
Price and sale date yet to be confirmed, but may cost more than £1m
By Ellie Zolfagharifard for MailOnline
Sports cars may not have the best reputation for being environmentally-friendly, but this sleek machine has been designed to reach 217.5 mph (350 km/h) – using nothing but saltwater.
Its radical drive system allows the 5,070lbs (2,300kg) Quant e-Sportlimousine to reach 0-60 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds, making it as fast as the McLaren P1.
After making its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show in March, the saltwater technology has now been certified for use on European roads.
Sports cars may not have the best reputation for being environmentally-friendly.But this sleek machine has been designed to reach an impressive 217.5 mph (350 km/h) – using nothing but saltwater
The 920 horsepower (680 kW) Quant e-Sportlimousine uses something known as an electrolyte flow cell power system to power four electric motors within the car.
It works in a similar way to a hydrogen fuel cell, however, the liquid used for storing energy is saltwater.
The liquid passes through a membrane in between the two tanks, creating an electric charge. This electricity is then stored and distributed by super capacitors.
Its drive system allows the 5,070lbs (2,300kg) Quant e-Sportlimousine to reach 0-60 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8s
After making its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show (pictured) in March, the saltwater technology has now been certified for use on European roads. The car carries the water in two 200-litre tanks, which in one sitting will allow drivers to travel up to 373 miles (600km)
The car carries the water in two 200-litre tanks, which provide a range of up to 373 miles (600km). Inside is a full-length interactive dash, with wood-theme features and an Android-based entertainment system
Overall, the four-seater is 5.25 metres (0.4ft) long, 2.2 metres wide (7.2ft), the 1.35 metre (4.4ft).
Four-seater car is 5.25 metres (0.4ft) long, 2.2 metres wide (7.2ft), the 1.35 metre (4.4ft).
Its 22-inch wheels sit just beneath impressive double gull-wing doors.
The 920 horsepower (680 kW) Quant e-Sportlimousine uses an electrolyte flow cell.
It works like a hydrogen fuel cell, however, the liquid used for storing energy is salt water.
The liquid passes through a membrane in between the two tanks, creating an electric charge.
The 5,070lbs (2,300kg) car has a top speed of 217.5 mph (350 km/h) and reaches each 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds.
Its 22-inch wheels sit just beneath double gull-wing doors which feature ‘Chrystal Lake Blue’ paint.
Inside is a full-length interactive dash, with wood-theme features and an Android-based entertainment system.
No price or sale date has yet been revealed, but some experts suggest it could cost more than £1 million ($1.7 million)
NanoFlowcell AG, a Lichtenstein-based company behind the drive, is now planning to test the car on public roads in Germany and elsewhere in Europe as the company prepares for series production.
It claims the technology offers five times the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries of the same weight.
‘We’ve got major plans, and not just within the automobile industry,’ says NanoFlowcell AG Chairman of the Board Professor Jens-Peter Ellermann.
‘The potential of the NanoFlowcell is much greater, especially in terms of domestic energy supplies as well as in maritime, rail and aviation technology.’
Introducing the QUANT e-Sportlimousine powered by salt
The saltwater technology offers five times the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries of the same weight
‘We’ve got major plans, and not just within the automobile industry,’ says NanoFlowcell AG Chairman of the Board Professor Jens-Peter Ellermann. ‘The potential of the NanoFlowcell is much greater, especially in terms of domestic energy supplies as well as in maritime, rail and aviation technology’
- ALIENS & UFOS
- BLOG & NEWS
- EXPLORING SELF
- SELF SUFFICIENCY
- TECH, HEALTH & SCIENCE
Login & Partecipate
Latest News & Posts
- Pyramids Form Intergalactic Communication Network Based on ‘Cosmic Internet’ Described by Nikola TeslaApril 27, 2017 - 1:16 am
- New Anti-Aging Drug Turns Old Mice Into YoungstersApril 6, 2017 - 10:32 pm
- HEBBIAN POWER: Scientists Find Real Life ‘SUPER POWER’ Hidden Inside Our Brains!March 9, 2017 - 12:30 am
Evolution has been going impressively well for humans as we grew into intelligent creatures of curisosity and reason. It’s a complex process that spans generations of information inside the DNA. Humans have evolved both physicaly and mentally and we keep moving forward into new stages, being able to process information with a rapid learning rate. […]
- EmDrive: NASA’s FASTER THAN LIGHT propulsion technology finally passed peer reviewMarch 9, 2017 - 12:27 am
Roger Shawyer, the UK scientist, is the pioneer of the new generation of power generation in space that would solve to some extent the limitations of space travel during the present times. He proposed this theory in 1999 and since then he had undergone through rough times and even branded as a fraud, even though, […]
- EPA UNDER PRESSURE TO TO BAN FLUORIDE FROM DRINKING WATERJanuary 25, 2017 - 11:55 pm
Once upon a time, fluoride was considered something of a wonder chemical for public health planners. It was believed to promote good oral hygiene, and therefore municipal bodies across the country introduced it to public drinking water supplies to give citizens an additional layer of protection from tooth decay. EPA APPROACHED ABOUT REMOVING FLUORIDE FROM […]
- Two Star Trek ‘Tricorders’ Have Made It to the Final Round of XPRIZEJanuary 15, 2017 - 12:22 am
By Glenn McDonald, Seeker In the original Star Trek series, Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy was forever running around the USS Enterprise with his tricorder, a fantastic space-age device that could scan anything and diagnose medical conditions in an instant. For nearly five years now, dozens of engineering teams from around the planet have been competing […]
- New book sends kids to sleep within minutesAugust 18, 2015 - 2:00 am
- Are New Government Aircraft Responsible for UFO Sightin...November 16, 2015 - 2:57 am
- Billions in Change Solution: Generate your own Power -O...November 11, 2015 - 12:03 am
- India permits free energy technology despite threat from...October 31, 2015 - 10:29 pm
- EU parliament votes to drop charges against Edward Snow...October 31, 2015 - 12:10 am
- Top 5 PHONES With The Highest Radiation. Is Yours Putting...October 31, 2015 - 12:06 am
- Scientists Just Made A Discovery On This Tiny Island That...October 30, 2015 - 11:55 pm
- New Evidence: The Human Body is a Projection of Conscio...October 18, 2015 - 9:53 pm
- Back to the Future vs. 2015October 18, 2015 - 9:40 pm
- A potential timeline of events, if the lights went out in...November 17, 2015 - 6:36 am
- Murdered Holistic Doctors Discovered Cancer-Causing Enzyme...November 22, 2015 - 10:23 pm
- This Ancient Remedy Cures HIV, AIDS, Diabetes, Cancer, Stroke,...December 17, 2015 - 11:12 pm
- Long-Lost Nikola Tesla Drawings Reveal Genius Map For M...December 17, 2015 - 11:03 pm
- Judge Calls For US Marshals and FBI To Arrest Congress and...December 13, 2015 - 6:03 am
- Brutal Warning From Islamic Woman to America: Wake Up or...December 12, 2015 - 10:48 pm
- Dinosaur Blood Vessels Survived 80 Million Years. Jurassic...December 12, 2015 - 10:41 pm
- Health Risk WARNING: Do You Have Wi-Fi Sickness Symptom...December 5, 2015 - 12:15 pm
- DARPA’s lightest metal ever is 99.9 percent AIRDecember 5, 2015 - 12:01 pm
- Pyramids Form Intergalactic Communication Network Based...April 27, 2017 - 1:16 am
- New Anti-Aging Drug Turns Old Mice Into YoungstersApril 6, 2017 - 10:32 pm
- HEBBIAN POWER: Scientists Find Real Life ‘SUPER POWER’...March 9, 2017 - 12:30 am
- EmDrive: NASA’s FASTER THAN LIGHT propulsion technology...March 9, 2017 - 12:27 am
- EPA UNDER PRESSURE TO TO BAN FLUORIDE FROM DRINKING WAT...January 25, 2017 - 11:55 pm
- Two Star Trek ‘Tricorders’ Have Made It to the...January 15, 2017 - 12:22 am
- USA HOUSE PASSES BILL ALLOWING AMERICANS TO BE IMPLANTED...December 19, 2016 - 5:38 am
- RECONSTRUCTED 2000 YEAR OLD MANUSCRIPT PROVE THE EXISTENCE...November 2, 2016 - 12:44 am
- RUSSIAN SCIENTISTS CAN TRANSMUTE ANY ELEMENT INTO ANOTHER,...September 6, 2016 - 7:37 am
- EUROPEAN SCIENTIFIC STUDY CONCLUDES: ALL THREE WTC TOWERS...September 6, 2016 - 7:32 am
- ROMANIAN CAVE SEALED FOR 5.5 MILLION YEARS IS FULL OF STRANGE...July 27, 2016 - 4:19 am
- Scientists Sent This Message Into Space In 1974, And In...July 4, 2016 - 11:11 pm
- New water-oozing nano material could help quench thirstJune 15, 2016 - 3:31 am
- Alien Species in Contact With Earth Right Now – Confirmed...June 8, 2016 - 5:58 am
- Scientists make ‘second skin’ to hide wrinklesMay 13, 2016 - 1:08 pm
- Aspartame Poisoning – Do You Have The Toxic Symptoms ...April 29, 2016 - 9:02 am
- This accidental discovery help batteries last YEARS lon...April 26, 2016 - 6:05 am
- This Solar Bike with solar panels in the wheels never needs...April 20, 2016 - 12:34 am
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014